Tuesday 5 March 2013

Liebster Award - H E Joyce


My Liebster Blog Award Blog!!





I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! Thanks to fellow author Miss Scarlett Flame for the nomination





11 random facts about me.

1) I was once a press photographer.
2) I was once a firefighter
3) I am not bad at painting.
4) I like paragliding.
5) I once met Douglas Bader.
6) I'm afraid I smoke too much when writing.
7) I like to have mood music playing quietly when writing.
8) I have to shut myself away when writing. 
9) I'm a good cook.
10) I prefer Autumn and Winter to Summer. (For writing.)
11) I love dogs and most other animals, but especially dogs. 




Douglas Bader WWII Flying Ace




1) Have you an ambition you haven't achieved yet?

Yes, to have that No 1 bestseller.

2) Have you a thinking spot?

Yes.

3) If so, where is it?

Mainly at my desk, although inspiration can come at any time, anywhere.

4) Town or Country, which do you prefer?

I like to visit London at times, but I prefer living in the country.

5) What is your favourite drink?

Lots of coffee and the occasional beer.

6) Have you a special person in your life?

Persons: My wife, my grown-up children and grandchildren.


7)How do you write? By hand, or straight to the computer?

I find everything flows much easier when I work on my laptop at my desk.

8) What makes you happiest? i.e Hobby or activity?

Activity. I can't stand being idle. Even when trying to relax in the evening, I feel my laptop calling me. I rarely go to bed before 1.30am.

9) Is there something about yourself that you can share, that nobody else knows?

 Nothing that I can think of. Well, perhaps one thing, but I'm bound not to talk about it. 

10) What would be a special night out for you?

Going to the Opera at the ENO in London.

11) Who would be your ideal guest to share that night with?

My wife, naturally. 


2 comments:

  1. Hello Hugh, very interesting to learn more about you. Hope you;re going to do a regular blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geoff, I'll certainly try to make time, but sometimes it seems there are not enough hours in the day.

      Delete